Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Free picture browser alternative on HP 6828

I got myself an HP 6828, i would like to put out a review for it based on daily use. But I haven't use the device long enough to place the pros and cons about it.

The 6828 comes with a picture viewer from HP, not that it's a bad program. but I used to own a dopod 818pro, and I kinda like the picture and movie browser that come with it. The viewer was Microsoft's. I like it better, cause it lets me crop and rotate pictures, while HP's doesn't.

I remember reading somewhere on the web, that Microsoft put out the picture viewer as a standard on windows mobile 5. Yet I couldn't find it on the program selection. I guess HP replaces it with their program.

Out of curiosity, I serach he windows folder just in case the picture viewer is in there somewhere. Well I found it. it's still there, and I can use it.

For those 6828 users out there who would like to use it, you can add a shortcut for it.

I use resco explorer, but I'm pretty sure other file explorer could do just about the same thing.

go to the windows folder, locate the file "pimg.exe" tap and hold it then select send to, then tap on start menu as shortcut.
when that's done, still in the windows folder, go to programs, and find "pimg.lnk" you can rename it to whatever you want it to appear on your program folder. DO Not delete the extension.

close the file explorer, go to your start menu, in programs you can find the picture viewer.

I hope this is useful, I find it easier to use than it's HP counterpart, more flexible, and the ability to edit pictures are an added plus.

No comments: